Boat Share Direct - Boating for a Fraction of Owning!
Chicago Area Boaters Best option for Hassle Free boating at a Fraction of the Costs of Boat Ownership. Variety of Boats, Located in Chicago’s Montrose Harbor on Lake Michigan & the Chicago River.
The Boat Sharing concept is simple, we offer you the opportunity to fully experience the joys of boating on Lake Michigan in Chicago without the ancillary costs or hassles of boat ownership.
Why pay 100% of your boating expenses when you only use it 10% of the time?
Sharing is a fraction of the cost of owning and here’s why. When you add up the cost of buying a boat, interest payments, marina slip fees, winter storage, insurance, and not to mention the unavoidable maintenance costs, the thought of owning a boat may be enough to scare you right out of the water.
Our members use the boats for day trips, and overnight cruises, as they wish. Members have NO responsibility for gassing up the boat, cleaning or maintaining a boat. Everything is taken care of by our dock staff.
Here is a summary of what you will get as a member of the club:
1) You get to use a variety of new and late-model boats ranging in size from 20 to 30 feet long. Choose from any of the boats in our fleet and head out onto Lake Michigan. You may want to try using a Rinker 26′ Express Cruiser to go to anywhere on the lake, check out the fireworks at Navy Pier, a cruise down the Chicago River or enjoy a day relaxing in the “Play Pen” or take our sailboat out and sail on the open water.
2) The Fleet: we have a total of 15 Powerboats and 2 Sailboats, they are moored at Monroe Harbor on the north end of Lake Shore Drive and in the Chicago River. The powerboats range in size from 20-30 feet long, they are from brand new to just a few years old. Brand name boats such as: Jeanneau, Regal, Hurricane, Rinker, Key West & Aqua Patio. We just launched a Sailboat program with two boats: 2017 Catalina Sport 22′ and a Rhodes 19 classic style racing boat, they are moored at Monroe Harbor.
3) When you arrive at our dock with your family and friends, you are provided with club-level service and a clean boat that is ready to go.
Our dock hands even warm up the engine before you arrive. Get on, head out and enjoy yourself! When you return to the dock, you simply walk away. Boating doesn’t get any easier than this.
4) You get safe-boating training, ongoing assistance and encouragement. If you wish, you may participate in the club’s boating-oriented social activities.
5) The Boats are moored at Montrose Harbor (4400 N off of Lake Shore Drive), located on the northern edge of Lincoln Park, a short walk to Montrose Beach and home to the Corinthian Yacht Club. Starting 2017 we will have some boats moored at the Ogden Slip on the Chicago River in Streeterville.
We are available for appointments anytime during the week or weekend. It would be great to meet you in person and show you around the harbor and all the boats in our fleet and to further discuss the club’s benefits.
Please fill out our Boat Club Application Form so we have a better idea of what you are looking for.
I look forward to providing you with a great boating experience this season.
Please do not hesitate to call or email with any questions.
For more information please contact Ted Widen at 312-593-1180
(c) 2017 Boat Share Direct - Serving Chicago, Montrose Harbor on Lake Michigan and the Chicago River. All rights reserved. Web Design by Refined Pixel, Inc